Re: [Freeipmi-users] ipmi-sensors with Intel SE7210

From: Bala.A
Subject: Re: [Freeipmi-users] ipmi-sensors with Intel SE7210
Date: Wed, 26 Jul 2006 18:30:21 -0700 (PDT)

Hi,

FreeIPMI works on your machine using SSIF interface.  You can try other
commands by passing '-D ssif' argument, for example 'ipmi-sensors -D ssif'

Normally, we don't need to pass '-D' option to freeipmi tools.  FreeIPMI
tools try KCS first, if KCS fails they try SSIF.  If both fail, they
return failure with error message.

I fixed some bugs in CVS version.

Could you try the latest CVS version and send me the output of following
commands?

ipmi-locate
ipmi-raw 0 6 1
ipmi-raw -D ssif 0 6 1
bmc-info
bmc-info -D ssif

Thanks,

Regards,

Bala
---
Free as in freedom
http://www.gnu.org/

> Hi,
> here you are:
> (I don't know what theese strange characters mean, such as "BMC I2C
device", maybe this is because of my terminal encoding, or unicode)

localhost ~ # ipmi-raw -D ssif 0 6 1
> [...]
> BMC SMBUS slave address: 4
> Register space: 1
>
> Probing BT device using ACPI... done
> IPMI Version: 1.5
> IPMI locate driver: SMBIOS
> IPMI locate driver: 0
> IPMI interface: SSIF
> BMC I2C device: /dev/i2c-0
> BMC SMBUS slave address: 4
> Register space: 1
>
> Probing SSIF device using ACPI... done
> IPMI Version: 1.5
> IPMI locate driver: SMBIOS
> IPMI locate driver: 0
> IPMI interface: SSIF
> BMC I2C device: /dev/i2c-0
> BMC SMBUS slave address: 4
> Register space: 1
>
> Probing KCS device using PCI... done
> IPMI Version: 1.5
> IPMI locate driver: SMBIOS
> IPMI locate driver: 0
> IPMI interface: SSIF
> BMC I2C device: /dev/i2c-0
> BMC SMBUS slave address: 4
> Register space: 1
>
> Probing SMIC device using PCI... done
> IPMI Version: 1.5
> IPMI locate driver: SMBIOS
> IPMI locate driver: 0
> IPMI interface: SSIF
> BMC I2C device: /dev/i2c-0
> BMC SMBUS slave address: 4
> Register space: 1
>
> Probing BT device using PCI... done
> IPMI Version: 1.5
> IPMI locate driver: SMBIOS
> IPMI locate driver: 0
> IPMI interface: SSIF
> BMC I2C device: /dev/i2c-0
> BMC SMBUS slave address: 4
> Register space: 1
>
> Probing SSIF device using PCI... done
> IPMI Version: 1.5
> IPMI locate driver: SMBIOS
> IPMI locate driver: 0
> IPMI interface: SSIF
> BMC I2C device: /dev/i2c-0
> BMC SMBUS slave address: 4
> Register space: 1
>
> KCS device default values:
>
> SMIC device default values:
>
> BT device default values:
> IPMI Version: 1.5
> IPMI locate driver: DEFAULT
> IPMI locate driver: 0
> IPMI interface: SMIC
> BMC I2C device:
> BMC I/O base address: CA9
> Register space: 1
>
> SSIF device default values:
>

> Bala.A:
>> Hi Alexey,
>> SSIF driver in main CVS version and latest stable version 0.2.3 work fine.
>>  When testing SSIF interface, I have noticed that, sometimes mBMC
>> doesn't
>> response properly.
>> Could you tell me output of the following commands?
>> ipmi-locate
>> ipmi-raw -D ssif 0 6 1
>> Thanks,
>> Bala
>> ---
>> Free as in freedom
>> http://www.gnu.org/
>>> I just realized you're using an Intel box.  Do you have one of those
intel cards for IPMI.  I think they're called IMM?
>>> If not, I think that means the Intel box uses the SSIF interface.
Bala, can comment more on that.  I'm not 100% if this code is working
yet.  Or it's partially working, but you have to pass something on the
command line.
>>> Al
-name "*freeipmi*"' in /usr to check that nothing left after older
installations.
,----
> [...]
| output below), but ipmi-sensors says "Cat ate the fish", please |
help.

loaded. This can happen if your installation is broken.