Re: [patch] Simplify ftconfig.h

From: Nikolaus Waxweiler
Subject: Re: [patch] Simplify ftconfig.h
Date: Mon, 06 Jul 2020 22:49:56 +0100

Would you consider dropping the ChangeLog entries. It is far simpler to rely on the git history for this, and just enforcing that commiter provide meaningful commit message should be enough?

Yes please. Alternatively, there are tools like https://pypi.org/project/towncrier/.

> Would you consider using clang-format to automate the formatting task? I think we can get pretty close to the FreeType formatting standard with a Clang style sheet. It won't be 100% the same, but close enough to avoid repetitive work.

YES YES YES. It is _so_ nice to just hit a format hotkey. It's become so automatic for me that I rarely think about formatting anymore.