Re: [patch] Simplify ftconfig.h

From: Werner LEMBERG
Subject: Re: [patch] Simplify ftconfig.h
Date: Mon, 06 Jul 2020 11:58:14 +0200 (CEST)

> Werner, please don't commit something if you think there are still
> problems in it, that's what code reviews are,

Normally, I do that.  However, I've already invested a lot of time in
writing ChangeLog entries...

> See attached patch for a fix.

Applied, thanks.  Note, however, that there are still issues with
`make multi CC=c++` (I'm using g++ 7.5.0):

  c++ -ansi -pedantic \
      -Ifreetype2.compiled [...] \
      freetype2/src/base/ftsystem.c
  In file included from freetype2/include/freetype/config/ftconfig.h:45:0,
                   from freetype2/src/base/ftsystem.c:29:
  freetype2/include/freetype/config/public-macros.h:83:61: error:
    expected unqualified-id before string constant
   #define FT_EXPORT( x )  FT_PUBLIC_FUNCTION_ATTRIBUTE extern "C" x
                                                               ^
  freetype2/include/freetype/fterrors.h:281:3: note:
    in expansion of macro ‘FT_EXPORT’
     FT_EXPORT( const char* )
     ^~~~~~~~~

> Sorry about that.  We need a better way to automatically check our
> builds.  [...]  I'll work on a proper rebuild-check script first
> though...

I don't worry about that right now, and please don't invest too much
time here.  This is something after a switch to a new build system
IMHO.

    Werner