Re: Logging Library-GSOC

From: Werner LEMBERG
Subject: Re: Logging Library-GSOC
Date: Mon, 20 Jul 2020 16:33:20 +0200 (CEST)

> I have followed the [above] steps to change the `autogen.sh` file,
> so that it copies the files from directory `submodules/dlg` to
> `src/dlg`.

Great, thanks!

> I have also added a `rules.mk` file to `src/dlg` and, for proceeding
> further I wanted to ask that do I have to add a separate target like
> `make submodule` to build the dlg library in some separate directory
> or do I have to hook `src/dlg/rules.mk` file to FreeType so that it
> is built like the rest of the base and modules objects?

The latter, please.  Please remember that a FreeType tarball
essentially captures the state after running `autogen.sh`.  This means
that a normal `make` call should build everything (after people have
fiddled with the macros in `ftconfig.h`).

> And In the (1) point you specified that the directory
> `submodules/dlg` won't be distributed with FreeType tarball, do I
> have to add some code regarding this?

You might have a look at the `dist` target in file
`builds/toplevel.mk`; it probably needs some adjustments to skip
inclusion of the `submodules` directory.  However, this isn't
something urgent.

    Werner