Re: GSOC Project

From: Werner LEMBERG
Subject: Re: GSOC Project
Date: Thu, 18 Mar 2021 10:58:08 +0100 (CET)

> [...] for getting well in work with freetype i need to study whole
> documentation of freetype or i just need to have the intro and build
> it to the system,

Of course it's not necessary to read everything, but you should get a
feeling for the library, this is, actively play around with the code,
possibly by writing some small test programs as the beginning.

> In shorts i am asking you to suggest that what are the topics in
> which i should be acquainted so that i will not find any hurdle.

Hard to say.  Look, a GSoC project isn't something you get assigned
to.  It's rather the opposite: You have some interests, and you assign
yourself to stuff that is related to your interests, willing to deeply
dive into the topic.  We are not your bosses who tell you what to do.
The incentive must be yours, and yours only.  This includes to find
out what to read and learn.

    Werner