Re: [Freetype-devel] Re: Develop a test framework for checking FreeType'

From: suzuki toshiya
Subject: Re: [Freetype-devel] Re: Develop a test framework for checking FreeType's rendering output - GSoC Project
Date: Mon, 22 Mar 2021 09:44:24 +0900

Dear Sarthak,

It seems that you think as - the FreeType is a huge software which the compiler
generates so many warnings, like uninitialized variable, passing the
inappropriate typed values, etc etc, and some of them are related with the
rasterization results. It is not. Even if you try to extract something from the
compiler warning messages, most of them are not related with the difference in
the rasterization results between version X and version Y, although some of
them can be related with the software vulnerabilities.

The assumed testing framework is basically for the minimization of the regression of the rasterized image, not the "code
quality" or "secure coding" itself. If the "code quality" or "secure coding" is at the highest
priority, what we need is more generic inspector, instead of the FreeType-specific framework. The assumed "testing" in
the GSoC theme is basically the rasterization results.

Regards,
mpsuzuki