Re: Develop a test framework for checking FreeType's rendering output -

From: Werner LEMBERG
Subject: Re: Develop a test framework for checking FreeType's rendering output - GSoC Project
Date: Tue, 16 Mar 2021 21:55:00 +0100 (CET)

> As directed by you i have tried all the things and i think I have
> gathered some good amount of info,

OK.

> As far as CI part is concerned which was earlier not compatible with
> Savannah, but as whole codes moved to gitlab, now we have probably
> multiple ways to implement that, either we can use repo mirroring by
> using Azure pipeline for CI (as it provides marketplace of plugins
> for integrations into pipelines and allows caching proxy of external
> repos) or we should simply write what is compatible with gitlab's
> CI.

IIRC this has been discussed on this mailing list already; please look
up the archives.

  https://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/freetype-devel/

Maybe you can check other projects on gitlab.freetype.org what kind of
CI they are using.  Given that Azure Pipelines is a commercial
solution by Microsoft and thus tailored for use with github we should
probably use something else...

> So suggest me what should be better approach so that i will make my
> mind accordingly and will start reading about the same.

Well, deciding how to proceed is already part of the GSoC project.

    Werner