fsuk-manchester

Re: [Fsuk-manchester] IRC Channel

From: Simon Ward
Subject: Re: [Fsuk-manchester] IRC Channel
Date: Thu, 24 Apr 2008 07:28:38 +0100

On Wed, Apr 23, 2008 at 05:59:32PM -0400, Matt Lee wrote:
> One useful task for the chairperson would be the appointing of IRC
> operators, in whichever channel is chosen.

There is currently no IRC channel for Manchester Free Software, and I’m
not sure it’s necessary.  The people in the two channels you mention are
hardly representative.

Appointment of IRC operators for a channel for Manchester Free Software
does not need to be linked at all to Manchester Free Software itself.
In fact, it may be the wrong thing to do (as could be said about the
#debian* IRC channels).

We also assigned roles as a group before.  I see no reason why this
should change.

Simon
simple system that works.
    — John Gaule