fsuk-manchester

Re: [Fsuk-manchester] IRC Channel

From: Noah Slater
Subject: Re: [Fsuk-manchester] IRC Channel
Date: Fri, 25 Apr 2008 21:50:41 +0100

On Fri, Apr 25, 2008 at 02:51:20PM +0100, MJ Ray wrote:
> The advocacy of secret power is yet another reason to avoid Freenode.

This isn't case of secret power, it's a case of not "showing off" that you have
operator privileges. Regardless of your opinion, this happens to be the
guidelines for the usage of Freenode, so they should be adhered to.

> Also, unprovoked pulling people up in public about obnoxious rules
> deserves a kick IMO.  It's off-topic and not helpful.

I am not going to go into details because firstly it's Matt's private channel
and he can do whatever he please and secondly because I consider Matt and the
person involved to be friends and the incident was so minor that it deserves no
more attention.

I will say, however, that without the context of the channel, it's users and
it's history, you have you have no idea what you're talking about.

> [2] - ok, this is hyperbole

No, I would consider this trolling. Please stop.

--
Noah Slater - Bytesexual <http://bytesexual.org/>