fsuk-manchester

Re: [Fsuk-manchester] IRC Channel

From: Tim Dobson
Subject: Re: [Fsuk-manchester] IRC Channel
Date: Sat, 26 Apr 2008 10:16:47 +0100

Matt Lee wrote:
On Fri, 2008-04-25 at 21:50 +0100, Noah Slater wrote:

This isn't case of secret power, it's a case of not "showing off" that you have
operator privileges. Regardless of your opinion, this happens to be the
guidelines for the usage of Freenode, so they should be adhered to.

Let's not assume too much here. I had to ask someone how to deop myself.
I had previously tried, but was having no luck.

That's not exactly what the log says:

http://tiny.pl/ngvg

And doesn't really explain the reasons for kicking someone.

Perhaps the person you kicked, for asking why you were opped, could have helped you deop?

Who knows? You didn't really give them a chance.

You seem to have taken action with little or no thought behind it, which later has turned out to have negative consequences.

In these situations, *I* would usually take steps to put right what happened and try to ensure it didn't happen again.

--
www.tdobson.net
----