Re: [Gluster-devel] Client side afr versus server side, doing a self-hea

From: Amar S. Tumballi
Subject: Re: [Gluster-devel] Client side afr versus server side, doing a self-heal
Date: Thu, 1 May 2008 00:41:34 -0700

> > Would doing server
> >  side afr be faster for this process?
>
> Server will still have to replicate so there should not be any difference.
>

> >  Or just go with the data having to be copied over the network twice
> >  (if this is how it works)
>
> I could not understand this...

Krishna,  my understanding is, Brandon is referring to server side afr,
where you have one subvolume as posix, (ie, no network call), so data is not
transfered on the wire. so it can be faster right?

Amar Tumballi
Gluster/GlusterFS Hacker
[bulde on #gluster/irc.gnu.org]
http://www.zresearch.com - Commoditizing Super Storage!