Re: [Gluster-devel] Client side afr versus server side, doing a self-hea

From: Krishna Srinivas
Subject: Re: [Gluster-devel] Client side afr versus server side, doing a self-heal
Date: Fri, 2 May 2008 00:03:02 +0530

It is quite simple to set it up.

on server1:
find /mnt/raid/gfs -exec setfattr -n trusted.glusterfs.version -v 2 {} \;

Here "2" is a number greater than "1" which is the version of the attribute-less
file. It is set on both file and directories. There is no need to set the
trusted.glusterfs.createtime xattr.

on server2: (remove xattrs on the empty directory)
setfattr -x trusted.glusterfs.version /mnt/raid/gfs
setfattr -x trusted.glusterfs.createtime /mnt/raid/gfs

Please mail back in case there are still doubts.

Krishna