Re: [Gluster-devel] Client side afr versus server side, doing a self-hea

From: Krishna Srinivas
Subject: Re: [Gluster-devel] Client side afr versus server side, doing a self-heal
Date: Fri, 2 May 2008 01:00:07 +0530

On Fri, May 2, 2008 at 12:51 AM, Brandon Lamb <address@hidden> wrote:
> Ok updated the wiki, and i took "There is no need to set the
>  trusted.glusterfs.createtime xattr." to mean there is no reason to
>  include that in the tutorial, so I only included removing the
>  trusted.glusterfs.version xattr.

you should also remove the "trusted.glusterfs.createtime" xattr, just in case
it was set by a previous instance of glusterfs... you might face the same
problem of "the files getting deleted"

you could also set the version in server1 to "2" instead of "3". So
that users don't
ask, why not "2" instead of "3". It should be a number greater than 1.

Regarding verification. "ls -lR" would just create directory tree
structure, to actually
copy the file contents you need to open the files. so you can use find + head
combination.

you can provide your name+mail address at the end.

Thanks so much for the wiki doc!

Krishna