Re: [Gluster-devel] Client side afr versus server side, doing a self-hea

From: Brandon Lamb
Subject: Re: [Gluster-devel] Client side afr versus server side, doing a self-heal
Date: Thu, 1 May 2008 10:46:36 -0700

So in my case where i have one directory with existing data and
another that is empty, should i set the trusted version to 1 on the
pre existing data and 3 on the empty directory? Or am I totally
missing what this does?

I agree starting with a clean slate is much easier/cleaner. But when
you have 100 gigs of data consisting of tons of tiny files (web or
mail data) it would be ideal to me anyway to be able to use the
existing directory and somehow tell glusterfs that this is good data
and that the empty directory is out of date.

I guess this is more just a case of needing some documentation on the
proper steps and order of executing this conversion?