Re: [gnugo-devel] a GG3.53 very bad game

From: Dave Denholm
Subject: Re: [gnugo-devel] a GG3.53 very bad game
Date: Mon, 26 Jan 2004 21:04:48 +0000

Jens Yllman <address@hidden> writes:

> Hi,
>
> Just want to comment on rxvt in cygwin. I used to get colour in rxvt
> on cygwin platform. But a test today with gnugo v3.5.4 did not show
> colours. Then I remembered that I had to do something at compile time
> to get it to work earlier. So I took a look at the log from configure
> and found that colour support(curses) was not found. Ahhh, now I
> remember. I did some changes before in detecting colours. Then I
> looked at my cygwin installation. And I found that I did not have
> libncurses installed. So I installed libncurses and run ./configure
> again. Ahhh, now colour detection. And now, colour support.
>
> I guess there are other libs that work for gnugo to give colour
> support. But I have no knowledge how the code in gnugo is written for
> colour support.

There used to be a build option where you could tell it to generate
ansi escape codes directly, rather than using a terminal library.

In 3.4 configure.in there's some some stuff for ANSI_COLOR

It looks like, maybe, the default is to detect curses/terminfo.
But if you explicitly ask for colour, and it can't find the libraries,
it will fall back to ansi colour.

ie  --enable-color --without-curses  may have forced it down this path ?

dd
--
Dave Denholm              <address@hidden>       http://www.esmertec.com