Re: [gnugo-devel] 3.4 vs 3.6 against MFG

From: bump
Subject: Re: [gnugo-devel] 3.4 vs 3.6 against MFG
Date: Mon, 7 Mar 2005 16:32:40 -0800

> We started collecting these games as a baseline from
> which to judge the changes to move ordering and eval
> that SlugGo does. From these few games it looks like
> 3.6 against MFG is almost the same as SlugGo against
> MFG.

I wonder if your copy of Many Faces is somehow
broke. For example, look at move 104 in the last game,
throwing away the corner. (B still has a chance to
live at move 110.)

Yes, GNU Go sometimes makes moves that are just as
bad as this when the owl code misfires. But on the
whole this B doesn't seem to play as positively as
usual from Many Faces. It seems to have a different
style than I expect. Does it have a version number?

Dan