gnuherds-app-dev

Re: Herds -- federated sites

From: Dave Crossland
Subject: Re: Herds -- federated sites
Date: Mon, 3 Mar 2008 15:26:33 +0100

On 03/03/2008, Davi Leal <address@hidden> wrote:
> I will not able to develop the 'federated sites' feature.  However if Dave is
>  motivated to develop such feature he should start to look at the current
>  source code.

Sadly I'm not (yet) capable of software development; I'm a systems
administrator who is passionate about software freedom, and all my big
project time is spent working on font freedom.

I will want to run a jobs site in the future, specific to free fonts,
and branded differently to GNU Herds.

>  We should not lose a developer by blocking his ideas.

Its fine to keep this idea in the bug tracker and leave it until the
world is ready for it, as rms says, I think.

>  I personally like the freesoftware.jobs domain as the central server of such
>  federated sites.

:-)

--
Regards,