Re: [Gnumed-devel] Back on board

From: Horst Herb
Subject: Re: [Gnumed-devel] Back on board
Date: Sat, 19 Oct 2002 19:21:52 +1000

On Sat, 19 Oct 2002 18:19, Ian Haywood wrote:
> More generally, I am working on  a PHP interface for the drug database.
> This will allow a simple database of say ~50 drugs for demonstration
> purposes to be entered from a textbook.

This is wonderful! Hope we can see a demonstration soon :-)
Could you make it in a way that
- users can log in, and once logged in, add / modify data (with authorship
always preserved & visible)
- user can rate information (peer review) by *digitally signing* already
existing information thus confirming that they have read it and believe that
this information is correct
(similar to a WIKI, only more structured)
- version controlled changes a la CVS

That way, we could have an international drug reference database in no time,
since no matter which country I ask, people are desperate for such generic
*free* information! There are far more people willing to type in such
information than people able to write software.

Horst