Re: [Gnumed-devel] PHP to drug db

From: Ian Haywood
Subject: Re: [Gnumed-devel] PHP to drug db
Date: Wed, 23 Oct 2002 09:29:52 -0400

I would think to suggest some changes to gmdrugs.sql:

1/ a link_dose_component table to specify the dose for each component
of a compound drug.

2/ link_class_adverse_effect, link_class_warning,
link_class_information.

OTOH, would it be
better to unify drug_class and generic_drug, to avoid doubling all the
linktables. This would also allow drug-tp-class interactions, which,
IMHO, are far more common than drug-to-drug interactions. (I know I have
suggested this before, but nobody objected....)

3/ normalise out the PBS authority warnings (as many are shared between
drugs, such as the statins and the bisphosphonates)

4/ drug_routes appears to be 'orphaned': a link in product?

5/ a product can have several manufacturers, but only one brandname?
surely brandname should be in link_product_manufacturer.

6/ what is link_drug_dosage for? Are there many groups of drugs with
the same dosage? If so, should there be link_class_dosage? (see above)

I am happy to do this, but I am having problems with Dia (on Debian
stable), what was the version used to generate the dia files?

Ian