[Gnumed-devel] Re: bootstrap*

From: Andreas Tille
Subject: [Gnumed-devel] Re: bootstrap*
Date: Fri, 31 Jan 2003 12:32:00 +0100 (CET)

On Fri, 31 Jan 2003, Karsten Hilbert wrote:

> > Well, I really trust your PostgreSQL knowledge.  On the other hand somebody
> > might do a feature request to the authors to acomplish this.  In my opinion
> > this would be a feature which is not only useful in this ocassion.
> Yes, but this feature request is not relevant now. We aren't
> only striving to make the world a better place but to get
> something working now.
If I would not bother upstream with my wishlists I would have a hard
time to build Debian packages. ;-)
So why not bothering PostgreSQL upstream if we could make things
easier in the future for our own goals.  Sometimes making the
world a better place and getting something working is the same -
unfortunately not very often.

Kind regards

       Andreas.