Re: [Gnumed-devel] Where to start with gnumed

From: Karsten Hilbert
Subject: Re: [Gnumed-devel] Where to start with gnumed
Date: Tue, 25 Feb 2003 11:24:08 +0100

> Yes and no. Of course, the business logic will always exist independently of
> the XML RPC  interface.
>
> BUT:
>
> 1.) The *interface* used in the GUI should be the XML-RPC one.
This aggregation I don't understand.

> 2.) choice of parameters / data types is important with hindsight to making
> the XML RPC protocol efficient.
Pointers as to what I need to be aware of ?

> Thus, eat your heart out implementing whatever you want, but
> - think of adequate data types suitable for XMLRPC
Which ones are ?

> Example:
> Richard wants to implement his social history widget. He needs information
> about identity and profession of that identity.
> 1.) He writes a module "xcIdentityServer"
Where would this run ? Who and when would it get started ? How
to provide authentication information to it ?

> Instead of directing people around what to do, everybody can grab what's for
> grabs.
This is the same for the current gmTmpPatient scheme.

I do see potential benefits. It does not seem overly more work
than what I currently do. It does not feel too overheadish,
either. If I can get good answers for the above question I
think I would go along with this.