Re: [Gnumed-devel] Umbrello

From: Horst Herb
Subject: Re: [Gnumed-devel] Umbrello
Date: Mon, 28 Jul 2003 08:27:45 +1000

On Mon, 28 Jul 2003 00:22, Ian Haywood wrote:
> How can I fix this without moving to unstable? (which I really don't what
> to do)

a) compile from Umbrello from source ()
(from their FAQ: I'm having compilation problems on Debian 3.0/Woody/Stable?
- You need qlist.h which is in the package libqt3-compat-headers)

OR

b) add the oberlin CVS KDE source to your sources.list and tag just KDE as
unstable (I have no problems whatsoever with KDEunstable - in fact the CVS
version from 21.7. appears rock solid)

OR,

c) we agree on using DIA instead of Umbrello, and use the dia2code code
generator (http://dia2code.sourceforge.net/features.html) which now supports
Python as well (Ada, C, C++, Java, PHP, Python, shapefile, SQL and C#.)

Unfortunately, the open source / free flagships of UML modelling like ArgoUML
are still Java centric.

Horst