Re: [Gnumed-devel] LDAP vs. SQL - RT comments

From: Karsten Hilbert
Subject: Re: [Gnumed-devel] LDAP vs. SQL - RT comments
Date: Thu, 31 Jul 2003 00:44:59 +0200

> I note already the discussion on referral letters, about which by the way I
> don't agree - as there is no need to use external word processors to write
> these letters. Doing that is just another layer, more clicks, more confusion.
> Simply a rich text box provides all the style one needs and can be set to a
> default font as per user requirements. All my referral letters range in size
> from 1k to 3k max for over an A4 page cause I just keep the ascii.
Absolutely agree. There is styled text editing widgets available for
wxWindows. Let's use that for the first release. Later on
external links to full-blown document editors will be needed
since some people will want to write "richer" documents.

> In my contacts databse organisations have branches, organisations have
> employees either of the head office (the default address of the
> organisatsion) or are employees of a branch. When setting up the medical
> records program, a table holds the default type of provider (I chose
> pathology), preferred providers for each doctor and the preferred address
> they wish to send requests.
Richard, can you provide the schema for your contacts DB ?