[Gnumed-devel] Offer to share working wxPython/Python GUI

From: Christoph Becker
Subject: [Gnumed-devel] Offer to share working wxPython/Python GUI
Date: Fri, 15 Aug 2003 12:42:00 +0200

Dear List,

I do have a working GUI written with all the gnumed tools (wxPython,
wxDesigner, Python, pypgsql, postgresql) for my dental office application.
Although my application still lacks some essential parts like for example
accounting prosthodontic works, printing on some official German forms with a
dot-matrix-printer, I do use my program in my practice now already for nearly
one year.
My application is certified to be used for billing dental procedures in
Germany since October 2002.

I would like to place the basic modules under a license like that from
wxWindows or the GPL, and keep just the special German accounting modules as
private property since I have signed to be responsible to update them
regularly to keep them able to bill dental procedures in Germany.
 To my opinion, my GUI and database could be fitted for use by general
practioners with rather minor effort. This could give gnumed a working GUI
from where to start with.
The ability to store and retrive xrays, and any kind of paper documents via
digital photographie will be added within the next year.
Perhaps there should be a gnumed.de conference  on that issue in September or
October (in August, in my holiday now, I have not time, since I have to work
hard to improve my program and ad some heavily needed functionality).

Regards
Christoph Becker