Re: [Gnumed-devel] Move to Qt

From: Brendan Scott
Subject: Re: [Gnumed-devel] Move to Qt
Date: Tue, 19 Aug 2003 23:18:46 +1000

Sorry for not responding for a while - a succession of minor crises.

David Guest wrote:

> Thank God you're here. We can dispense with all that IANAL prefacing and
> ask you for the right answer. :-)

You will find the following preface to my responses: IAALBTINLA
:)

[snip]

I follow everything up to this bit:

Thus, as I see it, a Qt-based version of GNUmed for Windows would need
to be licensed under a non-GPL license to allow its use with these
non-GPLed versions of the Qt runtime libraries and the commercial
version of PyQT. That's not a fundamental problem, because the GPL

I don't understand why a non GPL licence is necessary? Is this because of the manner in which linkage occurs at compile time?

Brendan