Re: Re: [Gnumed-devel] Movve to Qt (was: Conference)

From: Roberto Mello
Subject: Re: Re: [Gnumed-devel] Movve to Qt (was: Conference)
Date: Fri, 15 Aug 2003 18:06:46 -0600

On Fri, Aug 15, 2003 at 10:23:38PM +0200, Karsten Hilbert wrote:
> Welcome Brendan,
>
> good to have you here. You think SCO's recent move to try to
> invalidate the GPL will have any impact - on countries other
> than the US ? I am particularly interested in whether this
> should be of any concern regarding GnuMed.

I don't think SCO's trying to invalidate the GPL. It probably just thought
it did not have to comply with a few clauses, that is until they FUDed IBM
into buying them.

There's activity in Brazil where lawyers are trying to understand how the
GPL adapts to the Brazilian legal reality. Perhaps the same kind of thing
should happen in other countries.

-Roberto

--
+----|        Roberto Mello   -    http://www.brasileiro.net/  |------+
+       Computer Science Graduate Student, Utah State University      +