[Gnumed-devel] Re: installing and using gnumed

From: Andreas Tille
Subject: [Gnumed-devel] Re: installing and using gnumed
Date: Mon, 3 Nov 2003 10:06:43 +0100 (CET)

On Mon, 3 Nov 2003, Ian Haywood wrote:

> I agree, however it would be nice to provide some extra packages in the
> gnumed apt-get repository
> when it exists, in particular, wxWindows compiled against GTK 2.0.
> Looks pretty, but gnumed itself is oblivious to this (so the same package
> will work with the wx-GTK1.2 currently in sarge.)
I hope that a "wx-GTK2.0" will enter unstable soon.  The maintainer just told me
that he wants to avoid that this untested stuff would enter Sarge.  But we are
now in freeze status and thus no new packages will enter Sarge.

> Also, just thinking aloud, should we consider making gmLog a separate
> package, as it is a shared
> dependency between client and server. It's a shame Python has a logging
> module already, as this
> would be highly suitable as an across-the-board solution.
I tried to reflect this in the package gnumed-snapshot-common from which all
gnumed
packages are dependent.  I found the selection of files by trial and error and
I hope that I was right here.  Moreover there is a package
gnumed-snapshot-plugincommon.
This contains all modules which is used by all client packages.

Any hints are welcome.

Kind regards

           Andreas.