Re: [Gnumed-devel] GNUmed website

From: David Grant
Subject: Re: [Gnumed-devel] GNUmed website
Date: Tue, 16 Dec 2003 03:32:00 -0500

Hi everyone,

I'm setting up a plone server on my PC and hopefully everyone can try it out. I'm sorry, I just discovered zope/CMF/plone for the first time really, and I'm pretty amazed by it. Interesting links:

http://zope.org/WhatIsZope
http://zope.org/Members/alan_milligan/Zpydoc
http://zwiki.org/FrontPage

Ok, I just set it up on my Gentoo computer. You can look at it here: http://sidicpc22.uwaterloo.ca:8080/gnumed It's pretty blank right now. I'll add some modules in the next few days if I have time. So far there is just a zwiki module which I added here: http://sidicpc22.uwaterloo.ca:8080/gnumed/zwiki-devel Other pages in zope/plone can be editable as well, but I think the wiki makes it a bit easier. For some reason I can't get it to show on the "navigation" menu, but it shouldn't be too difficult. Zope is really easy to use, and I've only been using for a few hours now.

If anyone wants admin or some higher level access to my server for the purposes of adding on a zope module for testing purposes, just ask.

If anyone wants to give me access to a debian server I can install zope there. Or you can just do it yourself with the debian packages, but make sure you tell me first what version numbers of all the packages you decide to use...that can be a tricky thing to decide upon. I chose not to go with plone 2 for example because it's not as mature...

David

David Grant wrote:

As for the overall site... I just checked out http://plone.org/

-It looks pretty (very pretty)
-It has a bug-tracking system (plone collector)
-See "development wiki" on the left-hand pane
-It looks pretty (did I already say that?)

How about something like that?

--
David J. Grant
M.A.Sc. Candidate in Electrical Engineering