Re: [Gnumed-devel] GNUmed website

From: Tony Lembke
Subject: Re: [Gnumed-devel] GNUmed website
Date: Tue, 16 Dec 2003 07:35:56 +1100

With regard to the gnumed.org -

The whole site is actually all set up as a wiki. The little boxes in the bottom left are the 'hotspots' that allow direct page editing. The system is very easy and flexible and there are a number of themes as well as being able to customise any colour scheme or layout desired - so I'm comfortable with the orange colour being replaced. The usability and content are more important. As offerred before, anyone who wants a password can just ask me. I would be most happy for anyone to contribute by editing or adding pages, and some people have been.
We are getting about 2500 visitors a week.
The user manual is already linked in from cvs in the section 'Documentation' - however the savannah servers are currently down.

As for content to the site, it is somewhat difficult drawing much out of the mailing list to add to the 'news' on the site. A report on conf.de would be most welcome. My experience has been that we are not yet at a state of play to make 'downloads' workable from the site rather than from cvs, but if I am out of date in this area please let me know. I have had trouble making the cvsmonitor automatically update from cron. I need to run a cronf command as 'nobody' and that doesn't seem to get up. Any suggestions? It is working well manually and I think is a worthwhile addition to the site.

Regards,

Tony Lembke