Re: [Gnumed-devel] Re: Gnumed documentation

From: James Busser
Subject: Re: [Gnumed-devel] Re: Gnumed documentation
Date: Thu, 25 Mar 2004 16:13:37 -0800

Quoting David Grant <address@hidden>:
> First of all, what a horrible name, O'Wiki.  Nothing against the Irish
> but something about the name just rubs me the wrong way.
Hopefully has nothing to do with your own (?) heritage does it? >>;->

> looks like he has a more open contribution
> policy than twiki, and it is written in Python.
I believe it is in PERL with a stated vision of rewriting in Python.

Quoting Hilmar Berger <address@hidden>:
> Does it have version control (RCS) for page changes ? Twiki has, and I
> believe that this is a quite useful feature when editing a manual.
I believe it does, if this is what you mean if you click for example at the
home page's upper right "(last change)" link:
http://www.owiki.org/twiki/bin/rdiff/Openwiki/WhatIsOWiki?rev2=last
- you get the changes with, at bottom, a rev history and diffs options. When
editing a manual very helpful, provided we record the rev from which the manual
was last taken, correct?

Speaking to Karsten's affection for easy offline doc access, this aspect of
owiki looked good too (at least for reading not writing... the offline
contributor "wannabe" may have to write raw code revisions and paste them in
when next able to connect)
http://owiki.org/HowToMirrorOWiki.html