Re: [Gnumed-devel] Re: Gnumed documentation

From: engelbert . gruber
Subject: Re: [Gnumed-devel] Re: Gnumed documentation
Date: Wed, 24 Mar 2004 11:25:48 +0100 (CET)

On Tue, 23 Mar 2004, Jim Busser wrote:

> > If we find a wiki that really suits our needs, put a note in each of
> > the manuals, that now the current version of documentation is to be
> > found in www.ourwiki.org. Copy the content from SGML to the wiki. Let
> > all documentation work be done there.
> I await a comment from Engelbert otherwise there may be no large

i did not follow the whole thread, and cannot remember posting a script
(must be at least weeks).

i am looking at wikis for cms things and quick documentation, being a
lone developer currently i dont use any.

for my documentation i prefer docutils.sf.net, using a small subset only.
this gives me

1. readable text files
2. output to html, latex(pdf) and a lot of other writers are in work
   but no one dares to publish (i assume), e.g. OoenOffice, DocBook,
   xml, ... i tried a manpage writer, lout AFAIR, ...

i am administring a docbook project, with some problems since there is
russian documentation (i am unable to find the inputencoding spec, or
it does not work, maybe a dsl-script might work, but i want documentation
for the user not braintwisting for the writer).

moinmoin supports docutils in some way and is in python.

twiki is great (should always be considered, but there is also owiki
spinoff) and on servers php support might be better.

sorry for not following

cheers
--
 BINGO: Hoeren Sie auf zu mosern!