[Gnumed-devel] Modeled after commercial packages or completely from scra

From: Dr. Jones
Subject: [Gnumed-devel] Modeled after commercial packages or completely from scratch, from ground up?
Date: Mon, 12 Apr 2004 01:40:47 -0600

I try as best as I can to follow along with all the postings, but I admit that I don't read more than a third of what shows up.

To my point, I am curious whether gnumed is being modeled after any particular commercial package, used on Windows or Unix or whether everything is being created from the ground up, piece by piece?

More specifically, I run Lytec Medical, a program which runs on my Win98se machine. It works fine there, but I long for the day when I can enter my patient demographics (or better yet, just scan their futuristic medical card which bears every medical detail) and then generate notes, claims and reports from their information, to be exported for electronic claims processing or to paper claims for those older payors, plus statements, etc....

I don't think I am too far off the mark in what I need from what you all are assembling here with gnumed, right?

Scott

--
Dr. Scott S. Jones
Hands-On Chiropractic IRC: irc.freenode.net #utah