Re: [Gnumed-devel] Modeled after commercial packages or completely from

From: Karsten Hilbert
Subject: Re: [Gnumed-devel] Modeled after commercial packages or completely from scratch, from ground up?
Date: Mon, 12 Apr 2004 15:01:14 +0200

> To my point, I am curious whether gnumed is being modeled after any
> particular commercial package, used on Windows or Unix
(partially) "modelled after" - yes, "any particular" - no

> or whether
> everything is being created from the ground up, piece by piece?
That we must do anyways as we can't reuse commercial code. But
we don't need to "design" things differently just for the sake
of being different. But we are sufficiently unique as to not
be liable to (and actionable upon) plagiarism.

> I don't think I am too far off the mark in what I need from what you all
> are assembling here with gnumed, right?
Sounds about right.