Re: [Gnumed-devel] Configuration options

From: Karsten Hilbert
Subject: Re: [Gnumed-devel] Configuration options
Date: Wed, 14 Apr 2004 23:21:31 +0200

> I have added some new configuration options to
> gnumed/client/etc/DBDefault.definitions
>
> however they do not appear in the configuration widget,
> and are not in  the backend table gmconfiguration.cfg_template
> I have looked at the code, but ended up thoroughly confused,
> cfg_template and DBDefault.definitions appear to duplicate functionality
> (both store config name, type and description), but don't seem to connect in
> any way.
Hilmar needs to say what's going on there.

> cfg_template appears to be populated on-the-fly for some options
> (but doesn't make sense for my new values, as we can't infer values)
What options are you storing? This is an issue that at best
can be said to have been worked on. It isn't solved yet. I am
sure we can work out how to do it once I know what you want to
achieve.

> I also can't work out where we specify default values.
We don't yet. In a way the xxxDEFAULTxxx mechanism is intended
to provide such values, eg if machine is "oskar" but there's
no option for oskar go look for that option in the same
context except for machine = xxxDEFAULTxxx. For now we'd need
to define that via SQL scripts and just use it in the client.

Does that help ?