Re: [Gnumed-devel] Configuration options

From: Ian Haywood
Subject: Re: [Gnumed-devel] Configuration options
Date: Wed, 21 Apr 2004 17:39:10 +1000

On Mon, 19 Apr 2004 20:27:29 +0200
Hilmar Berger <address@hidden> wrote:

> You will have to set it by either calling gmCfgSql.set() from within the code
> or by calling
> client/pycommon/tools/transferDBset.py -i yourOptionFile.
Can yourOptionFile be the same as
/gnumed/client/etc/config-definitions/DBDefault.definitions
The only difference seems to be transferDBset allows a default value. Otherwise
each new value
has to be specificied in 2 different places.

I must admit I struggle to understand why this is so complicated. Why can't
cfg_template be populated from
a .sql schema file like all the other backend tables are? Then the config
editor can use cfg_template.description,
it doesn't need it's own files.

Ian

PGP public key E750652E at wwwkeys.pgp.net
9BF0 67B7 F84F F7EE 0C42  C063 28FC BC52 E750 652E