Re: [Gnumed-devel] Re: installing gnumed on debian

From: Dieter Wirz
Subject: Re: [Gnumed-devel] Re: installing gnumed on debian
Date: Wed, 21 Apr 2004 09:35:47 +0200

> On Tue, 20 Apr 2004, Dieter Wirz wrote:
> > I after listening a while to this list, i tried to install Gnumed:-)
> Is there any reason why people do not
>
>     Google: GnuMed Debian packages
>
> ?
Thanks for the hint!
> The first link provides enough information about all prerequisites
> and the packages which have to be installed to run GnuMed.
>
> Alternatively this mailing list has an archive at
>
>      http://mail.gnu.org/archive/html/gnumed-devel/
>
> Why not searching for "Debian packages".
>
> Sorry, if I'm sounding rude but it is not to be rude but just to
> teach about basic search strategies.
The *.deb's are dated from march 18th....
That's why I wanted to install from CVS because gnumed seem's to be heavily
developped....
But maybe it's a better idea to first install your *.deb's and then to try
to install the Sources from CVS again or to make-dpkg my own *.deb's...

> I'm currently very busy in building general med-* Debian packages
> and will come back to GnuMed as soon as possible.  Official packages
> should be existing according to my proposed time scale ...
Great!

> > (In fact it is a Knoppix HD install)
> Hmmm, I hope that you at least have some reasonable /etc/apt/sources.list
> lines to install the dependencies ...
unstable with pinning to stable...

Thx for the reply

-didi