[Gnumed-devel] Re: installing gnumed on debian

From: Andreas Tille
Subject: [Gnumed-devel] Re: installing gnumed on debian
Date: Wed, 21 Apr 2004 10:12:12 +0200 (CEST)

On Wed, 21 Apr 2004, Dieter Wirz wrote:

> > Sorry, if I'm sounding rude but it is not to be rude but just to
> > teach about basic search strategies.
> The *.deb's are dated from march 18th....
> That's why I wanted to install from CVS because gnumed seem's to be heavily
> developped....
> But maybe it's a better idea to first install your *.deb's and then to try
> to install the Sources from CVS again or to make-dpkg my own *.deb's...
Either this or you just grab the debian/ directory and say:

   ~> make -f rules get-orig-source    # Builds an orig.tar.gz from CVS
   ~> tar -xzf *.orig.tar.gz
   ~> cp -a debian/ <gnumed-dir>
   ~> cd <gnumed-dir>
   ~> debuild -k'Your GPG-key-ID <address@hidden>'

I can not guarantee that this works flawless, but at least chances are
not bad.  Minimum you get the right Dependencies.

> > > (In fact it is a Knoppix HD install)
> > Hmmm, I hope that you at least have some reasonable /etc/apt/sources.list
> > lines to install the dependencies ...
> unstable with pinning to stable...
Hmmmm, stable is not enough for GnuMed.  Just try testing.  Testing is in
quite good shape and I guess you will not have major problems if you
upgrade it from an installed Knoppix.

Kind regards

         Andreas.