[Gnumed-devel] Re: installing gnumed on debian

From: Andreas Tille
Subject: [Gnumed-devel] Re: installing gnumed on debian
Date: Tue, 20 Apr 2004 23:30:10 +0200 (CEST)

On Tue, 20 Apr 2004, Dieter Wirz wrote:

> I after listening a while to this list, i tried to install Gnumed:-)
>
> address@hidden:~/gnumed$ ./check-prerequisites.sh
> [....]
> ERROR: mxDateTime is available from http://www.egenix.com/files/python/
>
> So I downloaded egenix-mx-base-2.0.5.tar.gz and tried to install it.
Is there any reason why people do not

    Google: GnuMed Debian packages

?
The first link provides enough information about all prerequisites
and the packages which have to be installed to run GnuMed.

Alternatively this mailing list has an archive at

     http://mail.gnu.org/archive/html/gnumed-devel/

Why not searching for "Debian packages".

Sorry, if I'm sounding rude but it is not to be rude but just to
teach about basic search strategies.

> Does anybody have experience with gnumed on a Debian Box
Sure.  Please read the bottom line of

   http://people.debian.org/~tille/packages/gnumed/

I'm currently very busy in building general med-* Debian packages
and will come back to GnuMed as soon as possible.  Official packages
should be existing according to my proposed time scale ...

> (In fact it is a Knoppix HD install)
Hmmm, I hope that you at least have some reasonable /etc/apt/sources.list
lines to install the dependencies ...

Kind regards

           Andreas.