Re: [Gnumed-devel] Configuration options

From: Karsten Hilbert
Subject: Re: [Gnumed-devel] Configuration options
Date: Wed, 21 Apr 2004 17:16:12 +0200

Both, actually.

It makes a lot of sense to set default default options during
bootstrapping. If I learned one thing when working with
Andreas on Debian requirements it was that during installation
one those questions should be asked that are absolutely
necessary. And one should still end up with a basic usable
system. That would be the options via SQL files.

Also, it's quite useful to have an admin level tool for
rapidly setting lots of options for particular users. That'd
be Hilmars transferDBset.

And the user needs to be able to fine-tune parameters. That'd
be Hilmars ConfigRegistry.

Now, which one do we want to dump ? None I should think.
However, some clarification or purpose/line-drawing might be
in order.