Re: [Gnumed-devel] owiki install on hherb.com

From: Tim Churches
Subject: Re: [Gnumed-devel] owiki install on hherb.com
Date: Sun, 18 Apr 2004 01:56:56 +1000

Karsten Hilbert <address@hidden> wrote:

> Jim, David, Ian, Horst, others
>
> I tried and failed to install the owiki tarball due to my
> limited understanding of Apache. The tarball and the
> install log are to be found in my home dir under
> installed-software/ at hherb.com if Ian/Horst want to take a
> look. I think I reversed all changes the installer made.
>
> I eventually decided to install TWiki which comes as standard
> debs. This can be accessed at hherb.com but needs someone to
> complete TWiki configuration, I think.
>
> We can switch to OWiki later if need be.

Any reason you don't want to use MoinMoin, which seems to be the most popular
non-Zope-dependent wiki implemeneted in Python? We use it and it is great and
not too hard to install and configure if you understand Python. Doesn't have
fine-
grained access-control, though - you really need to use HTTP authentication for
that.

Tim C