Re: Re: [Gnumed-devel] owiki install on hherb.com

From: Tim Churches
Subject: Re: Re: [Gnumed-devel] owiki install on hherb.com
Date: Sun, 18 Apr 2004 02:44:58 +1000

Karsten Hilbert <address@hidden> wrote:

> > Any reason you don't want to use MoinMoin,
> I don't even care. It's just that I was asked to install "the
> wiki" since I do have the necessary rights on the machine.

In that case, try MoinMoin - it works well for us and Jürgen Hermann, its
author,
seems very helpful (and in any case, the underlying Python code is easy to
hack).
See http://moin.sourceforge.net/

I may be able to help with the apache configuration - it is a bit tricky on
hherb.com
due to the use of virtual servers.

Or you could use ZWiki, which is a Zope-based wiki. Zope is alreday installed
on
hherb.com, but I can't offer any assistance there - I tried unsuccessfully to
bring
up a second instance of Zope (and Plone) on hherb.com to host the OSHCA web
site. For the moment, the OSHCA site will remian as plain HTML served by
Apache, which at least I understand. MoinMoin is implemented as a Python CGI
programme called from Apache, which is as simple (and reliable) as you can get.

Tim C