Re: [Gnumed-devel] owiki install on hherb.com

From: David Grant
Subject: Re: [Gnumed-devel] owiki install on hherb.com
Date: Mon, 19 Apr 2004 09:05:29 -0400

Jim Busser wrote:

On Apr 17, 2004, at 1:40 PM, Karsten Hilbert wrote:

Then someone can create a new web GnuMed, at:

http://hherb.com/cgi-bin/twiki/view/TWiki/ManagingWebs

TWikiGuest didn't cut it. How do we get an admin account ?

I believe you just have to register, which I did as James Busser at
http://hherb.com/cgi-bin/twiki/view/TWiki/TWikiRegistrationPub

I then clicked on
http://hherb.com/cgi-bin/twiki/view/TWiki/ManagingWebs

and it seemed to be willing to let me create a web.
Did you get that far?

I did not proceed as I wondered
i) shall we simply use "gnumed" as the name?
ii) which TemplateWeb to select
---> @ David Grant - what did you select in the past?
            (maybe it does not matter)

I note historical users had been built into the deb as seen at:
    http://hherb.com/cgi-bin/twiki/view/Main/TWikiUsers
- I wonder if we can / should delete them, likely requires higher level access

You should delete them. This requires root access as you have to delete the .txt and .txt,v files themselves. There are simple instructions and they are in the Twiki documentation somewhere.

I cannot remember what I had to do to be able to create webs. I believe the user may have to be in the admin users group. See here for my example:

http://sidicpc22.uwaterloo.ca/twiki/bin/view/User/TWikiAdminGroup

In this case, I am the only member. I can't remember how I got in there in the first place. I think it may start with ALLOWTOCHANGE being blank as default...

Note that I changed my "Main" group to "User" since it is better naming, it was recommended somewhere in the docs.

The Twiki docs are very complete, just very big. To find anything I recommend using google as follows:

search for "keyword site:twiki.org" in google.

Dave

--
David J. Grant
M.A.Sc. Candidate in Electrical Engineering