[Gnumed-devel] Which distributions (distros) of Linux are recommended fo

From: Jim Busser
Subject: [Gnumed-devel] Which distributions (distros) of Linux are recommended for GnuMed?
Date: Fri, 7 May 2004 07:13:56 -0700

I realize I may be opening a can of worms here, but I am in the process of getting a server set up, which the local IT people are happy to set up under either Windows (egad!) or Linux.

Assuming Linux to be the only "smart / safe / wise " choice, which factor should weigh heaviest or win out among:

- use whatever distro the local IT people are most familiar with, or
- are there specific distros to avoid (maybe Mandrake as it may be subsumed by Red Hat) and / or - is Debian preferred, on the basis of GNU license adherence or other factors