Re: [Gnumed-devel] re: sourceforge ldap

From: Ian Haywood
Subject: Re: [Gnumed-devel] re: sourceforge ldap
Date: Thu, 20 May 2004 23:10:33 +1000

On Thu, 20 May 2004 13:33:25 +0200
Karsten Hilbert <address@hidden> wrote

> is around the corner. It'll make it impossible/very hard to
> install GnuMed at a few sites I was thinking of because they
> simply neither have a permanent internet link nor a spare
> UNIX-Server hidden away somewhere. Or else make GnuMed depend
> on LDAP when and only when the contacts widget is actually
> loaded.
My intention was it would only depend on LDAP when the *referrals* widget
was loaded.

However I am happy to work on support for contacts in SQL too if the referrals
module will be used at these non-LDAP sites
(will it?)  In this case, we need a way *in the GUI* for accessing demographics
data without opening a patient.
(this was my point before, I wasn't being clear: it's true at the business
layer the two services are fully independent)
Another module, separate client program, or what? Personally I don't mind so
long as the decision is clear.

Ian

PGP public key E750652E at wwwkeys.pgp.net
9BF0 67B7 F84F F7EE 0C42  C063 28FC BC52 E750 652E