Re: [Gnumed-devel] re: sourceforge ldap

From: Horst Herb
Subject: Re: [Gnumed-devel] re: sourceforge ldap
Date: Thu, 20 May 2004 15:08:00 +1000

On Thu, 20 May 2004 14:54, Jim Busser wrote:
> I had asked about the consequences of the LDAP being down, or else
> having dropped from its registry a practitioner to whom the patient had
> in the past been referred. It would be helpful to maintain locally
> cached (stored in gnumed?) data so that when there is next a need to
> contact that individual, and LDAP is down, it will still likely be
> possible to do it from the local cache. Karsten made suggestions how
> this might be achieved.

LDAP servers are designed to be synchronized across arbitrary networks.

Thus, you would of course run a local server for performance reasons alone
already, which then synchronizes in intervals with those others you want to
share data with. Synchronizing only certain categories (non-patients for
example) is an option.

Horst