Re: [Gnumed-devel] re: sourceforge ldap

From: Ian Haywood
Subject: Re: [Gnumed-devel] re: sourceforge ldap
Date: Thu, 20 May 2004 11:50:44 +1000

On Wed, 19 May 2004 14:50:20 -0700
Jim Busser <address@hidden> wrote:

> > That sounds like a reasonable first step [but what is the case use
> > scenario]
The referrals writer: which grabs the contact details for the referral's
addressee
Currently this is from the demographics server (i.e we are referring to other
patients!)

> Maybe the bridge is:
> "when someone is ready to go down this path for an actual
> implementation"
I am now keen to switch this to LDAP, becuase of the advantages outlined, and
it also allows
us to use existing LDAP editors, instead of having to write our own contatcs
editor
(but of course we *can*, in the fullness of time)

Ian

PGP public key E750652E at wwwkeys.pgp.net
9BF0 67B7 F84F F7EE 0C42  C063 28FC BC52 E750 652E