Re: [Gnumed-devel] re: sourceforge ldap

From: Ian Haywood
Subject: Re: [Gnumed-devel] re: sourceforge ldap
Date: Thu, 20 May 2004 14:46:28 +1000

On Thu, 20 May 2004 12:50:30 +1000
Horst Herb <address@hidden> wrote:

> I remember we had discussed this before. I would now vote to implement the
> gnumed demographic service based on LDAP. All we would need to do is agree on
I was referring to just contacts, putting all the patients in there too is
another kettle of fish.
IMHO the advantages of data-sharing do not apply as much for patient data,
unless
LDAP is used for some centralised demographics service.
> a standard way to tag a unique gnumed person identifier onto every LDAP
> entry.
The PUPIC rears its head again: we need to settle this before spreading data
across different
services as Karsten has pointed out.

Does anyone have access to a set of demographics data to test various PUPIC
ideas on?

What I propose to do this is: extend the gmDemographics business object to
support
both "LDAP" and "SQL" data sources, then a config options allows the
specification of
the contacts data source, and later, the demographics data source as a URL.

Ian

PGP public key E750652E at wwwkeys.pgp.net
9BF0 67B7 F84F F7EE 0C42  C063 28FC BC52 E750 652E