Re: [Gnumed-devel] Ian's SOAP widget - RFE/AOE

From: Horst Herb
Subject: Re: [Gnumed-devel] Ian's SOAP widget - RFE/AOE
Date: Fri, 9 Jul 2004 11:56:02 +1000

On Fri, 9 Jul 2004 09:21, Jim Busser wrote:
> AOE serves
> - as a working diagnosis until it is appropriate to assign a code
> - even after the code is assigned, it can hold some nuance or detail
> not provided for in the coding table

In my system diagnoses pre-pended with a '?' are interpreted as
preliminary/differential diagnoses without further ado. They are entered the
same way as final diagnoses, only they don't get coded.

If they are pre-pended with a '*', they get coded and considered for
medicine-disease interactions etc. (not implemented yet)

Horst