Re: [Gnumed-devel] user depiction (was: Ian's SOAP widget - RFE/AOE)

From: Karsten Hilbert
Subject: Re: [Gnumed-devel] user depiction (was: Ian's SOAP widget - RFE/AOE)
Date: Sat, 10 Jul 2004 00:02:50 +0200

> When trying to retrace one's steps mentally when reviewing a patient's
> record, the above reminds me that some of the information will have
> been input by someone else in the practice.
>
> Visual clues to this will be important in the eventual GUI.
Sure, it just needs to be implemented.

> Helpful
> would be a way to note this "compactly". Is there envisioned a compact
> way in the data structure, to capture and depict which users had
> entered information (maybe using unique initials?).
It already is there. Any table inheriting from audit_fields
has a modified_by field that's automatically set to
current_user on insert/update. The revision history of
modified_by is available in the corresponding audit trail
table. Applications may want to use this information with the
staff table or v_staff view which can map db user names to
clinical staff. There is also a "sign" field in staff that
stores up to 5 characters of a short signature.

> Maybe also some way
> to depict records not entered by individual users (I am not sure if
> this happens, but something could down the road be an "automatic"
> entry,
What you mean, down the road ?  GnuMed is auto-importing lab
results today. If you want to record this fact in your
installation just create a db user/staff role that is used
for auto-importing lab results only.