Re: [Gnumed-devel] examining current schemas

From: Jim Busser
Subject: Re: [Gnumed-devel] examining current schemas
Date: Sun, 11 Jul 2004 13:27:55 -0700

On Jul 11, 2004, at 8:33 AM, Karsten Hilbert wrote:
gmclinical stores the basic table outline (SQL CREATE TABLE commands dominate here) gmClinicalData contains INSERT commands to fill some tables that contain fixed lists, usually lists of
 types of things, such as types of consultation.
gmClinicalViews defines various SQL views on the basic tables in gmclinical.sql
More specifically, *Views.sql always contain SQL statements
that can be run on a live database without affecting the data
inside, eg. view definitions, triggers, indices.

I now gather that the .sql files (in the SQL directory) are just the SQL commands which serve to define the databases and tables together with providing some additional descriptive text.

Are the actual databases and tables created, and test data loaded, by the bootstrap procedure? As part of the bootstrap, does it "call" or "run" these SQL files?

Where do the databases and tables with their data actually reside? I note a directory
gnumed/gnumed/data
but I cannot see that it contains much.